These super light whipped shortbread are guaranteed to melt in your mouth! They are super easy to make with just a handful of ingredients and make more than enough to go around to all your Christmas parties! Even the kids can get in on this one, let them help with the mixing and putting the Christmas sprinkles on top!
If you have a shortbread recipe in your hands already, get rid of it! I promise you that this is THE ONE to keep! Everyone who tries this version loves it and asks for the recipe, it’s nice and light and goes just perfectly with a cup of tea! Mmm, okay I have convinced myself to go grab one to enjoy while I finish typing this for you guys!
Cooking time: 15-20 mins
Makes: Approx 4 dozen
- 1 pound of butter (2cups)
- 1 c icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1/2 c corn starch
- 3 c flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Christmas sprinkles/decorations for the tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat
- Cream butter until it is a nice whipped consistency
- Sift together icing sugar, cornstarch, and flour
- Add to butter with vanilla
- Beat in mixer until consistency of a thick whipped cream
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheets and decorate with sprinkles or maraschino cherries
Now…gift ideas for that Creative Person on your list!
- Adult Colouring Book (Have you seen these things!? They help to reduce stress and get your creative juices flowing, I personally have a few on my wish list this year!)
- Good colouring pencils (if you choose to go with the above suggestion you will need to get them some nice pencils to colour with! Go with vibrant colours!)
- Paint Brushes (are they into painting?! Why not get them some nice brushes they would never get themselves! This can be a real splurge…do your research to make sure you are getting what you pay for!)
- Magazine subscription for their favourite hobby
- A gift card for a “Social Paint Night”! (Haven’t heard of this before? Google it now, who knows you might buy a two pack and go along with them!)
Tomorrow I will give you some ideas for the kiddos! ❤ Come back to see what you can bake up next!