Alright ya’ll! This is a super easy dish that you can mix up with your favourite meats and veggies (feel free to substitute away to meet the needs of your picky eaters). There are so many “Shortcuts” from Bisquick to store bought rotisserie chicken, that this dish is ready and on the table in 30 minutes!
For the Filling:
- Store bought rotisserie chicken, shredded (or leftovers from the night before!)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn
- 1/2 cup frozen or canned peas
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth (can use boulion cube with water just make ahead of time!)
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1/4 tsp each salt, pepper, celery seed
- 1/2 tsp parsley
For the “Crust”:
- 1 cup Bisquick (you may need to add a little more if consistency isn’t thick enough!)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a pan heat the butter over medium heat, cook onions until softened.
- Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and herbs. It will create a thick paste, let cook for 30 seconds once combined.
- Slowly add in your milk and chicken broth and simmer until thick (this should only take about a minute).
- Remove from the heat and add in your vegetables and chicken, mix well and add to a deep casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the ingredients for the crust, mix until there are no lumps. It should be slightly thicker than a pancake batter. If you need to, add more bisquick (a little bit at a time).
- Pour the crust mixture over the chicken mixture and place in the oven on the center rack.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until the crust is a nice golden brown!
That’s it! I told you it was easy! Now go dig in and enjoy…although I must warn you, when hubby and I make this we often go for seconds and thirds!
Please mind the pictures, I was too hungry to fuss with the camera and get the “golden” shots!! 🙂