Ok friends, this is a simple cake to make and is filled with so much yummy flavour! It is a stunner to bring to any event, or serve to friends and family on a Sunday afternoon. I stumbled upon the recipe on another bloggers site (inspiredbycharm.com) and made a few changes as I saw fit…and a couple more will be made the next time I make it as I found that he was off with a few of his measurements.
- 3c flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1c butter, softened
- 2 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1c sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1c creamy peanut butter
- 1c good quality chocolate, melted+ (I used a semi sweet, but you can use bitter/milk etc based on your flavour preference) plus an additional 1/2c for a drizzle
Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1 1/4c powdered sugar
- 1/3c creamy peanut butter
- 1/2c half and half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan and set aside.
- Whisk together your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a stand mixer beat butter on medium speed to soften, slowly add the sugar and beat until combined (and no longer granulated). Add in the eggs one at a time.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla until a nice batter forms.
- Add the flour mixture and milk alternatively until just combined (about two minutes).
- Transfer half of the batter to a bowl, stir in the melted chocolate. To the other half of the batter stir in the creamy peanut butter
- Alternatively drop spoonfuls of the two batters into your pan. Only fill the pan 3/4 of the way, use the rest of the batter to make a loaf cake! Use a knife to swirl the batters together gently.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes and then flip onto a cake plate.
- Peanut butter glaze: In stand mixer combine the powdered sugar and peanut butter. Add the half and half slowly until a thick drizzle forms. Drizzle over cake when completely cooled. Go over the gaps (between the peanut butter drizzle) with your melted chocolate drizzle to create a showstopper cake!